Art Barn 20 October

I had many conversations at this event. At times I was quite overwhelmed and became a little hysterical. I tend to underestimate the ‘performance’ aspect to the performance! What I mean is that I do have to step into a role and I need to be centred and present in order to do so. I hadn’t taken sufficient care of myself yesterday (food and rest)
Emergent Themes and Points:


  • The Education System is like the knitting, full of holes.
  • The Education System is pulling the wool over our eyes.
  • School leaver’s apparent lack of critical thinking, discernment, writing ability, comprehension, attention span.
  • A woman tackling the inadequate writing and comprehension head-on by providing courses which develops theses skills. She feels there is a gap between writing and reading skills and their application to different fields and tasks.
  • What is taught is inappropriate and useless
  • Schooling is a waste of time
  • South Africa needs to develop a culture of learning
  • The French Education System is of a very high standard and we should look at this as a role model

Comments

Popular Posts